- Casino Facts
- Press Room
- Join Us!
Memorial Service for Our City
Monday, September 20, 2010
We marked what was lost in our communities and our city with the opening of SugarHouse casino — a riverfront opportunity for a park or community center, the promise of true economic development rather than a job-killing predatory business, elected officials who represent their constituents' wishes and the residential character of the Fishtown neighborhood.
We acknowledged our sadness for the families and individuals who will lose their savings, their houses and even their lives because of predatory gambling in their community.
Leaders of a variety of faith communities helped us mark the occasion, including:
- Rev. Richard L. Ullman, retired Episcopal priest
- Pastor Eddy Soejanto, Agape Evangelical Church
- Pastor John Pritchard, Calvary United Methodist Church
- Rev. Jesse Brown, Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church
- And a message from Rev. Robin Hynicka, Arch Street United Methodist Church
Part of the Reclaim the Riverfront campaign
Click images to enlarge.